What season do you like most?

This week has reminded me that Spring is my favourite season. Unlike Autumn and Winter, seeing flowers appearing give hope.

Also I love warm sunny days either for a walk or to sit in the garden. The temperature at the moment is just right as summer can be too hot. The cool nights are much better for sleeping than the summer.

• I pick winter all day then 2nd  autamn and not a summer person too hot

• me too I loved winter and christmas

• Winter for me. I love winter because you get to wear the thick cute jumpers, scarves and hats :-) Also it means Christmas is just around the corner and that's my fav time of year! If I could I'd live in winter for the rest of my life.

• Up until I hit the menopause, Summer was my favourite season because of the heat. I had always been one of those people who felt cold, even when others complained about it being unbearably hot. Also, I loved the longer days (sun rising early and setting later). Now, I'm not so sure, as I think there are advantages and disadvantages to all four seasons.

• Favorite: winter. I enjoy the cold weather, cold ground, and windy skies, especially on a blue day.

Least favorite: I would say spring because of allergies but when your brain is mildly affected by over the counter allergy medications most of the day you tend to find everything pretty pleasant - so summer, definitely summer. Not a big fan of thinking I am going to die of a heat stroke whenever I walk outside to catch a bus!

• Summer is definitely overrated, yes! I find it incredibly difficult to concentrate in Summer, partially because of the heat. 

• I love spring. Everything starts to come alive and grow again, flowers and trees look beautiful :) and it warms up but not blazing heat. It's just right. Love this time of year.

• Winter is my favourite

still crispy silence, no movement, no people, and snow, shiny, reflecting sun, blinding sun

so pleasant to breath ( I would say every asthmatic should try it)

and temperature is more to my liking, 20 degrees C or more is hell for me, -10 C is perfect in a t-shirt for some workout,.no sweating

and no people, they're afraid of cold, did I mention that?

• Autumn and Winter are joint favourites for me. I love darkening evenings, the run-up to Christmas, the sense of the world easing into a sleep. The clear delineation between day and night, so that when you leave work it's already dark. A time for home and hearth, and occasional late night walks when I have the quiet streets to myself. I think I have a kind of reverse SAD actually!

Then Spring.

Then Summer. The most overrated season. Often way too hot, full of buzzing things trying to get in your home, car, face. Way too bright everywhere you go. People playing radios outside. Odd looks if you're not comfortable exposing much skin on even the hottest days. No way to regulate the temperature of your home. 

But... small amounts of sunshine are OK and low-key uplifting in carefully controlled doses.

Of course, without the turn of the seasons, how would we appreciate our favourites? So I'm grateful for the inevitability of them all. 

• Brings back memory of O level English.

• I didn't think that but now you mention it I like the picture of a cabbage wearing a jumper.

• Rather than choose a favourite, I would rate the seasons (from best to worst) as:

1. Spring

2. Autumn

3. Winter

4. Summer

Spring is such a wonderful time of year - there are so many pleasant colours and smells!

- Sp. Oc. 

• "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,

Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun; ..."

• I don't mean cabbages like hibernating and wearing jumpers although that's what it sounded like.

• Yes I too like winter. I'm like a cabbage. I like hibernating and wearing jumpers.  But then there's nothing like feeling the warm sun on your skin and seeing the new signs of life in spring. Summer has the long days, autumn has the golden dripping fading light as summer fades and the brilliant colours of the trees.

I love all thr seasons really because without one we wouldn't have the others. ..I'm trying to say I appreciate spring after winter but also appreciate autumn after summer etc.

I can't really choose but I always love autumn.

• I do really like the quietness of winter. The freshness of it is a great way to start a morning.

• Summer. Because that is when I usually get to go on a big hiking trip (though I have been considering going hiking over Christmas at some point). And because the weather is usually nice then and I love outdoor activities. Maybe I am also biased towards summer as I still associate it with long holidays from school or university (with fun internships during those holidays). 

• Nobody has picked Winter ..... Why ?

I think it's difficult to pick just one, for the reasons already given..... the new life of Spring when the first flowers appear....... a relaxing Summer afternoon laying in the garden with a cool drink, and a nice salad......  or the beutiful warm colours of  Autumn. If this same question was asked on many other forums, i would guess Winter would be a facourite, as people look forward to Christmas and party time. Certainly not for the parties, but i do like  Winter.

To get up in the morning and find it's been snowing overnight. I always think when my garden is covered in snow, it looks as neat as my neighbours nextdoor. And then if i'm up early and go out before anybody else, taking the dog for his walk, it's so fresh and quiet, only our footsteps disturbing the fresh crisp blanket, and we are all alone in the world, just me and the dog.