Money management

Having totaled both my annual income for PIP and the best potential rental income, I still wouldn't cover my expenses. I would still earn less than a Grand a month. (and that would be me making cutbacks)

Hyperinflation always decimates a currency. Our buying power is being stripped. But so many are in debt, they're golddust come election time. 

This issue can't be resolved by more earning. It's an existential issue. Getting off the Hamster Wheel is tough, but the rewards are there. 

Parents
  • Hi Desmond. I don't know if you claim UC? You've not mentioned in this post. I get UC with LCWRA, but can also do 15hrs/week on top earning just over £500.

The reason I mention UC, is you'd also get a housing allowance. It's never fun to claim, but with me:

PIP = £240

UC (LCWRA) = £700

Housing Element* (in my location) = £650

Earnings* = up to £500

* I don't claim housing allowance at the moment as I live with parents, it's something I will claim when I move out. Earning is potential, I did some temp work before Christmas, but it amounted to £225... I struggle with work.

Just thought I'd highlight as I'm looking at accommodation at the moment, but one of my big issues is it seems to be standard practice that you need 30x the monthly rent, as an annual income, in order to rent???

My annual income would be £19.5k without including wages

The cheapest private rentals in my area are £800... x30 that's £24k... its crazy!!

• Hi Desmond. I don't know if you claim UC? You've not mentioned in this post. I get UC with LCWRA, but can also do 15hrs/week on top earning just over £500.

The reason I mention UC, is you'd also get a housing allowance. It's never fun to claim, but with me:

PIP = £240

UC (LCWRA) = £700

Housing Element* (in my location) = £650

Earnings* = up to £500

* I don't claim housing allowance at the moment as I live with parents, it's something I will claim when I move out. Earning is potential, I did some temp work before Christmas, but it amounted to £225... I struggle with work.

Just thought I'd highlight as I'm looking at accommodation at the moment, but one of my big issues is it seems to be standard practice that you need 30x the monthly rent, as an annual income, in order to rent???

My annual income would be £19.5k without including wages

The cheapest private rentals in my area are £800... x30 that's £24k... its crazy!!

Children