17 years old and don't drink alcohol

i've noticed that alcohol seems to be the thing which social occasions revolve around and it is expected of me that when i turn 18 i start drinking alcohol. 

drinking even a sip of alcohol makes me feel sick

i have emetophobia which worsens this

i don't like the idea of losing control

however, i worry that this will get worse when i go to university with all the peer pressure to drink when i genuinely don't want to and i don't like the thought of it but i don't want to be seen as boring and well an outcast but i guess i always feel like an outcast. 

my mum made mince pies and i happened to have the one with tons of alcohol in it and i feel sick right now. 

alcohol always seems to be the source of entertainment generally.

i don't want to turn this into another rant but i just hate the way the world is

Parents
  • It’s for the best really, I used to drink like a camel, to keep up with my ‘friends’ at university. 
    To drink for the sake of peer pressure is to forget the face those who brought you up rightly.
    I followed my own advice and became anybody's fool.. it’s probably for the best that you don’t drink.

• It’s for the best really, I used to drink like a camel, to keep up with my ‘friends’ at university. 
    To drink for the sake of peer pressure is to forget the face those who brought you up rightly.
    I followed my own advice and became anybody's fool.. it’s probably for the best that you don’t drink.

Children
No Data