MBTI personality test

Has anyone here done the MBTI personality test? The link is here:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I am INFP-T and the description fits me perfectly. I think there is some truth to it, the personality types do reveal a lot of character traits of a person. I'm usually quite good at guessing friends' MBTI types.

Parents
  • I've been consistently ISFJ-T (defender) for years but I did it just now and I got INFJ-T (advocate) ^_^

My autistic friend got E for extrovert and I didn't realise at the time that autistic people could be extroverts (they seemed "quiet" in person!). Just goes to show, no one truly knows you except yourself. And do autistic people have different standards for personality types than non-autistic people? Or do some extroverted autistics avoid talking to prevent social mishaps? Very interesting....

• I usually get INFP but I once got ENFP, which came during a period in which I was quite hypomanic.

Each time though I'm pretty much in the ambivert territory of being not far from the middle line between introvert and extrovert.

I need people for energy but I can get overwhelmed and drained by too much people at times, and especially too much conversation. I love clubs and sometimes love to dance in and around people to get the dancefloor really pumped up.

I seem to overlap a fair bit with autism and ADHD, and I'd probably judge myself as being more ADHD-leaning than the autism/Aspie side.

"And do autistic people have different standards for personality types than non-autistic people?"

Could you say a bit more about what you mean here? It sounds a fascinating question, I'm just not sure exactly what's being asked.

• I usually get INFP but I once got ENFP, which came during a period in which I was quite hypomanic.

Each time though I'm pretty much in the ambivert territory of being not far from the middle line between introvert and extrovert.

I need people for energy but I can get overwhelmed and drained by too much people at times, and especially too much conversation. I love clubs and sometimes love to dance in and around people to get the dancefloor really pumped up.

I seem to overlap a fair bit with autism and ADHD, and I'd probably judge myself as being more ADHD-leaning than the autism/Aspie side.

"And do autistic people have different standards for personality types than non-autistic people?"

Could you say a bit more about what you mean here? It sounds a fascinating question, I'm just not sure exactly what's being asked.

Children
  • Personality types were created with the mentality that everyone is neurotypical. So it's assumed that being exhausted by social interaction must be related to introversion.

But an autistic person can crave lots of social interaction (ie. Be extroverted) but still become exhausted, particularly if they are masking for the benefit of NTs.

That's just one example.