MBTI personality test

Has anyone here done the MBTI personality test? The link is here:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I am INFP-T and the description fits me perfectly. I think there is some truth to it, the personality types do reveal a lot of character traits of a person. I'm usually quite good at guessing friends' MBTI types.

Parents
  • I got the "architect INTJ-T" its describes me really well.

I think the overall description of that type of personality is quite an autistic one not sure about the others but mine described me very accurately. Apparently it's one of the rarest ones? How rare are your ones, anyone who took the test?

O

• I come out as INFP.

INFP seem to make up around 4-6% of people who take the test. More females seem to get the INFP typing than males. I'm born male, and I'm a bit non-binary. It seems like INFP males make up about 1-1.5% of the population.

I gather 'intuitive' results are, in general, rarer than 'sensing/observing' types.

In the various people I've known who have gone through the test, it seems that all people with 'intuitive' types have had some degree of neurodivergency about them, which has interested me to note.

• 4-6 is a pretty low percentage I would imagine that the types how are in the single digit percentages would be be made up a lot of ND people.

I just typed in what mine stands for "introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging" which I think would be a good way to describe a lot of autistic people if you only had 4 words to describe them, I think judging would depend of what you're judging though, not so much judging people I know I don't but judging situations, judging solutions to problems makes more sense.

Quite interesting I never knew about these types of personalities or this test or even heard of Myers Briggs until now.

• Yeah I can see that I think sometimes we can have an unrealistic view of reality sometimes that just wouldn't work or be practical I think that can come from some kind of egocentrism because we have hard time relating to people and understanding peoples perspective especially an NT's perspective so we just kind of think of stuff/things that may well be good for us (as an individual). 

I agree that NT's bring us back to reality my mum certainly has to sometimes I find it interesting and sometimes funny how there's certain things that we would just never think about but NT's often think about it.

• I also think a lot of the 'amazing' stuff that ND people think up quite often ends up causing a huge amount of grief. And I don't think the harm element tends be the fault of NT people.

We as NDs come up with some amazing things, but amazing things can be used for amazing harm too. NDs can often be idealistic and sadly dystopias are made from idealistic ideas.

So, we are great and have great ideas, but we sometimes need the NTs to keep some of us in check from time to time, is how I feel.

NTs are very useful for kind of 'levelling out the ocean' in ways. If things get bad, and bad enough for NTs to start realising and speaking out, then they become a real force to be reckoned with, and a very useful force for positive change.

That's my thoughts/observations at least Slight smile

• 100% agree it would grind to a halt, I was just thinking about to the culturally creative things that have happened and do happen all the time think about the marvel comics and movies for example. Like when you really think about, who in there "right mind" would ever think about those kind of things. Super heros with extraordinary gifts and powers, if you think of an NT person you know (who is relatively 'average') I doubt you would think of them as the person to come up with those kind of ideas, but the average ND person, well that's something different I think you could quite easily imagine that kind of person coming up with something that creative.

Then if you wanted to implement those ideas into a movie for example you wouldn't be able to do that without NT people with their ability to communicate between each other with out getting burnt out for a small example, to do all of the work that goes into organising people to make sure they do their jobs, as an autistic I can tell you that I would never ever be able to make sure that people do their jobs I just don't have that ability to communicate with people I'm sure I could learn but it would be very very hard and take a long time where as NT people just naturally gain that ability through osmosis as they grow up.

• Yes. I think society would fairly quickly grind to a halt if the world was either 100% NT or 100% ND.

With these kind of things, I tend to view it like bricks and mortar. You kind of need them both working together to have a good wall or building.

The intuitive part comes up with the analysis and the ideas and ways of working. Then the sensing types pull people together and 'get the jobs moving' -especially when jobs require a team of people.

• Yeah really different and my percentage are more less the same just flipped. It makes me think more about the difference between the autistic brain and then NT brain but how in their respective categories they mostly similar to each other and based off of the descriptions of the types to me it seems clear, when you think about the people in the world that do incredible things that change the world, people like Elon musk, Steve jobs, Nikola Tesla, Bill Gates. (Who even though not officially are/were clearly on the spectrum). I shows me that autistic people often are just that, people who change the world. Because of how we are neurologically built different and are on average more creative than NT's we just have an ability to create amazing things like companies for example but they need NT's to work in them because what we lack in the NT population make up for it and vice versa.

• Oh wow, that is quite different. That's interesting to see a big difference - as you were expecting as well.

• I got my mum do take the test she got "Consul ESFJ-A" and it's MASSIVELY different and opposite to mine.

They take up about 12% of the population whereas mine Is around 2%

Her results are: 91% extroverted - 9% introverted, 95% observant - 5% intuitive, 75% feeling - 25% thinking, 54% judging - 46% prospecting, 61% assertive - 39% turbulent.

Her role is "Sentinel"

The type is "Assertive Consul"

• I got my mum do take the test she got "Consul ESFJ-A" and it's MASSIVELY different and opposite to mine.

They take up about 12% of the population whereas mine Is around 2%

Her results are: 91% extroverted - 9% introverted, 95% observant - 5% intuitive, 75% feeling - 25% thinking, 54% judging - 46% prospecting, 61% assertive - 39% turbulent.

Her role is "Sentinel"

The type is "Assertive Consul"

Children
  • Yeah I can see that I think sometimes we can have an unrealistic view of reality sometimes that just wouldn't work or be practical I think that can come from some kind of egocentrism because we have hard time relating to people and understanding peoples perspective especially an NT's perspective so we just kind of think of stuff/things that may well be good for us (as an individual). 

I agree that NT's bring us back to reality my mum certainly has to sometimes I find it interesting and sometimes funny how there's certain things that we would just never think about but NT's often think about it.

• I also think a lot of the 'amazing' stuff that ND people think up quite often ends up causing a huge amount of grief. And I don't think the harm element tends be the fault of NT people.

We as NDs come up with some amazing things, but amazing things can be used for amazing harm too. NDs can often be idealistic and sadly dystopias are made from idealistic ideas.

So, we are great and have great ideas, but we sometimes need the NTs to keep some of us in check from time to time, is how I feel.

NTs are very useful for kind of 'levelling out the ocean' in ways. If things get bad, and bad enough for NTs to start realising and speaking out, then they become a real force to be reckoned with, and a very useful force for positive change.

That's my thoughts/observations at least Slight smile

• 100% agree it would grind to a halt, I was just thinking about to the culturally creative things that have happened and do happen all the time think about the marvel comics and movies for example. Like when you really think about, who in there "right mind" would ever think about those kind of things. Super heros with extraordinary gifts and powers, if you think of an NT person you know (who is relatively 'average') I doubt you would think of them as the person to come up with those kind of ideas, but the average ND person, well that's something different I think you could quite easily imagine that kind of person coming up with something that creative.

Then if you wanted to implement those ideas into a movie for example you wouldn't be able to do that without NT people with their ability to communicate between each other with out getting burnt out for a small example, to do all of the work that goes into organising people to make sure they do their jobs, as an autistic I can tell you that I would never ever be able to make sure that people do their jobs I just don't have that ability to communicate with people I'm sure I could learn but it would be very very hard and take a long time where as NT people just naturally gain that ability through osmosis as they grow up.

• Yes. I think society would fairly quickly grind to a halt if the world was either 100% NT or 100% ND.

With these kind of things, I tend to view it like bricks and mortar. You kind of need them both working together to have a good wall or building.

The intuitive part comes up with the analysis and the ideas and ways of working. Then the sensing types pull people together and 'get the jobs moving' -especially when jobs require a team of people.

• Yeah really different and my percentage are more less the same just flipped. It makes me think more about the difference between the autistic brain and then NT brain but how in their respective categories they mostly similar to each other and based off of the descriptions of the types to me it seems clear, when you think about the people in the world that do incredible things that change the world, people like Elon musk, Steve jobs, Nikola Tesla, Bill Gates. (Who even though not officially are/were clearly on the spectrum). I shows me that autistic people often are just that, people who change the world. Because of how we are neurologically built different and are on average more creative than NT's we just have an ability to create amazing things like companies for example but they need NT's to work in them because what we lack in the NT population make up for it and vice versa.

• Oh wow, that is quite different. That's interesting to see a big difference - as you were expecting as well.