Nootropics with Autistic People vs Neurotypicals

"Nootropics are drugs, supplements, and other substances that are claimed to improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals." - wikipedia

Hey everyone,

Thought this might be something interesting to talk about, I found out about nootropic drugs a while but I've never taken them. As is the little definition above they're supposed to help gain an 'edge' almost in your day to day making your mind more flexible and helping to improve memory and so on.

It's hard to tell if they make much a difference there hasn't seemed to be a big enough study to see how effective they might be.

https://www.xbrain.co.uk/shop-by-goal/focus-memory-drive/alpha-brain-3 this company that's backed by Joe rogan (he may have help found it but not sure) have conducted a small study and they think their product does actually help.

Wondering if anyone here has ever taken them or still does and how they effect you? also curious as to how they might affect the autistic brain vs the NT brain.

O

• Nootropics can only affect our thinking activity. They cannot affect our character traits, temperament, or autism.

• I agree with you on that. I wanted to take a look because Ive never heard about these on pharmacology. There are all sorts of things coming up but... 

• I'm inclined to believe in that bit that they give you an edge and improve cognitive thinking, for ages there was and is a lot of illegal stuff that does exactly that execpt it's strickered illegal and dangerous and you are called drug adict when you take them

but that about memory boosting? surely scam. firstly to describe it like that, means they have no idea about it, because it is not one process, but combination of few, maybe could help you with memorization, but that's not all about memory. 

surely not with recounting and retention, what  icall those next steps

I developed series of mental exercises performed daily, boosted my super memory to nearing eidetic, still struggling with names retention

strings of digits e.g. phone numbers  in less then day stay with me for life

than there is an issue with really old unused memories, they require what I call dusting every 10 years or so or start fading away, except strings of digits, though I think it might be me specific twist .

but if gone even simingly completely, they can be recovered easily in fraction of time you spent to learn it initially 

one of little hobbies, - workings of memory

• I'm no expert but I would have thought that medicines that claimed to do that alone are cons - however I've heard that some medications for mental illness improve cognitive function in those that need them.