How do you tell if you’ve lost a friend?

I know i lost one friend recently, though i don't know why. The last conversation we’d had was short but went well. But atleast the ending was clear.

you don’t block a friend lol

but this other neurotypical friend and i were supposed to hangout, i mixed up the date the first time, so we meant to reschedule. Told me they had spring break coming up so we chose a new date but it sort of fell through, as we didn’t communicate the day of.....but they messaged me first in the evening of that day and proposed we schedule again. i messaged them again, just letting them know my schedule was clear for every upcoming Friday. I figure this way, I’m not putting pressure on a specific date so if they doesn’t  want to hangout anymore they can just let the conversation fade into obscurity. Then i waited and they messaged me again, with a post saying they appreciate my efforts to reach out and that with school it was difficult to work out but that they still want to figure out their schedule to hang out.

i dont mind waiting if this is true, i definitely can relate to the stress of university. But im just afraid maybe they’re just being polite, and I'm misunderstanding and getting my hopes up for someone who is trying to distance themselves.

I wish neurotypical people could just say “ i don't enjoy your company anymore, let’s both grow independently from now on”, instead of being so evasive and subtle. Because then you really have no clue, and if i judge wrong and think they are trying to distance themself when they’re not, then I’m the one wholooks needy, friendless and impatient lol. I’m just confused

Parents Reply Children
No Data