Hyperfocused

Working as in a hyperfocused state is something I proudly use to the benefit of whatever job I focus it at. But, it take a tremendous toll on my levels of anxiety & panic, and that knocks on to my physical health as well.Can you hyperfocus your best abilities, and what effect does it have on you? After a busy week, I'm now not able to sleep, have palpations, a temperature, stomach pain and dizziness

• How is the project managed?    Surely there are milestones and measurement points broken into work packages?   complete a package and stop.   If you're diagnosed, you could ask for someone to be measuring your work and  pulling the plug if you're burning out.

• Work tasks. I work in web design do when I need to build or code or anything within the project I go into a zone. Can last from 30mins to a fortnight - taking breaks and sleeping of course. But the way I wok has been called obsessive by old colleagues, a sort of fugue state.

I know it is hurting my health, but I drift back into it and then realise days later I'm doing twice the amount of work others are doing, and suffering the after effects. Don't seem to be able to find a natural pace and focus. It's either on working, or off and sick

• What sort of things are you focussing on?     How many hours / day?    What is the benefit of the hyperfocus?     Can the problem not be solved in any normal way?