Still Here

Oncologist says the chemo is working.    He says I might see 2022.       He then said that unfortunately, he's also said that to people who were dead 2 months later.    Nice.

Parents
  • I'm glad you're still here, and good to hear your spirit!

• I am INVINCIBLE!     Possibly.    Smiley

• Things I did: went vegan, and wholemeal; and started circuit training twice a week. Then things that in hindsight i can see were more specific to where my tumour was: did tai chi twice a week, 1-1 Alexander Technique, and fell running. And i came out as gay. It was though a benign tumour and only terminal because of where it was in the brain.

What used to get me was when I,d tell people they'd often reply after listening a bit, something like "Well, I'm sure it'll work out in the end," and I'd be upset, like haven't you heard, it's inoperable and terminal.

And then of course it turned out alright in the end.

Something I've learnt is a healthy life is not just about a longer one, but about improving the quality of any life there is. I put a lot of effort into my health, but it's just my lifestyle now, and it's about squeezing the max out of today with as little ailment and full use of my body n mind as possible. So yes, keep at it

• Things I did: went vegan, and wholemeal; and started circuit training twice a week. Then things that in hindsight i can see were more specific to where my tumour was: did tai chi twice a week, 1-1 Alexander Technique, and fell running. And i came out as gay. It was though a benign tumour and only terminal because of where it was in the brain.

What used to get me was when I,d tell people they'd often reply after listening a bit, something like "Well, I'm sure it'll work out in the end," and I'd be upset, like haven't you heard, it's inoperable and terminal.

And then of course it turned out alright in the end.

Something I've learnt is a healthy life is not just about a longer one, but about improving the quality of any life there is. I put a lot of effort into my health, but it's just my lifestyle now, and it's about squeezing the max out of today with as little ailment and full use of my body n mind as possible. So yes, keep at it

Children
  • I'm very weak at the moment - like a kitten - the cancer took me to the brink of death and has stolen a good few stones of fat & muscles so it's going to be a slow build.      I asked the oncologist what was the main source of the fatigue  - chemo, cancer or clots - he says don't worry about the clots.

I'm under no illusions about my own mortality but I'm doing everything possible to push forwards.