Still Here

Oncologist says the chemo is working.    He says I might see 2022.       He then said that unfortunately, he's also said that to people who were dead 2 months later.    Nice.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks - Yes - it was on my birthday - and it could have been good, bad or very, very bad news so we had my 'pre-birthday instead - we had some nice steaks and desserts the day before and we did presents in the morning - I got Buckaroo and Ker-Plunk and Wii Sports Resort along with some airfix models so the composite day was amazing.

I've asked the oncologist to be as blunt and honest as possible with me - I need solid data to work out what to do - having everything being so vague means I can't plan - so I just have to accept that some of the things he will say will sound so cold.

The limiting factor will be the side effects of the chemo - how much I can take and still want to go forwards.     There will come a time when either my body or mind says it's too much.

I'm still adding to my bucket list - the latest thing I've thought of is I want to drive a bus.   Smiley