Big Disappointments

I'm doing a big of a bucket-list run-through and trying things I've never done before.

The last two have been real let-downs - I tried black pudding - never liked the thought of it - and it was gross - like a great big greasy scab.

The other is something that my brother-in-law has been promoting for years - a McFish Fillet burger.   It's the only thing he eats from McD.

Had one yesterday - it's just a big fish finger with practically no flavour.   Watery and bland.    It rates as a great big 'meh'.

What have you done recently that was not as described?

Parents
  • Grinning Sorry to all you Londoners - but it was the London Eye. Not sure what I expected for my £20 - it was a few years ago - but I prefer the Hop-on-Hop Off bus for my views. Joy

Edited: Though thinking about how things are now, what I wouldn't give to be able to do that again. Pensive

• Grinning Sorry to all you Londoners - but it was the London Eye. Not sure what I expected for my £20 - it was a few years ago - but I prefer the Hop-on-Hop Off bus for my views. Joy

Edited: Though thinking about how things are now, what I wouldn't give to be able to do that again. Pensive

Children
  • I did however go to the Millennium Dome, I won a prize to go. Loved it, especially the relaxing room, whatever it was called. Did you go to that?

• Totally agree - those big wheels became a very fashionable way for councils all over the world to blow millions of public money.on a big, round, white elephant.

The worst is the Orlando Eye - Disney parks in the far, far distance but generally nothing but trees for miles in every direction - the only good view is of the I4 motorway and the decaying buildings of International Drive.