Hello

How do you really know if you are autistic or not? I’m guienely not sure how to tell

Parents
  • Good question. 

Do the online test if you haven't already. Basically if you get 32 or more then you are very likely to have ASD but if you score lower then it's inconclusive. The test was designed 20 years ago when people knew less about ASD so it isn't perfect.

The only way to be completely sure is to get a professional to assess you.

I am waiting for an assessment and I think it will be worth it just so I can stop thinking/ruminating about it. Even though there is a lot of evidence that suggests I am autistic, sometimes I think I'm going crazy and I must be making it up.

• Good question. 

Do the online test if you haven't already. Basically if you get 32 or more then you are very likely to have ASD but if you score lower then it's inconclusive. The test was designed 20 years ago when people knew less about ASD so it isn't perfect.

The only way to be completely sure is to get a professional to assess you.

I am waiting for an assessment and I think it will be worth it just so I can stop thinking/ruminating about it. Even though there is a lot of evidence that suggests I am autistic, sometimes I think I'm going crazy and I must be making it up.

Children
No Data