Autism and school

Hi, 

My child suspected Autism and awaiting an assessment. I am agreeing to the test because I want what's best for my child and get all appropriate help. However, concerns from my child's teacher has got me quite concerned.

The teacher is saying my child uses high pitched voice, smiles non stop, irrated by other children, flaps hands, stares into space, knows very little words and dislikes sensory play.

The information she has given me is not true. I see my child play and develop each day and none of these traits are correct.

The reason for suspected autism is because my child has poor communication, my child has 90 single words. My child also has issues with solids food. 

I'm wondering does anyone know will I be listened too if they write a report such as this and I disagree. Maybe they won't write a report such as that, but I just want a fair assessment 

Parents
  • please believe your teacher. You and teacher are both reporting autism traits. Your child may be acting differently in school compared to eing at home with mum. 

Everyone will listen to you. Even when u think thy are not listening to u they are because u are the main witness.

• please believe your teacher. You and teacher are both reporting autism traits. Your child may be acting differently in school compared to eing at home with mum. 

Everyone will listen to you. Even when u think thy are not listening to u they are because u are the main witness.

Children
No Data