# Daily Updates #

just a space for people can say what they have been doing today so we can keep up and in touch

Parents
  • in work, went on bug hunt  looking for issues anywhere and everywhere. Found 3 minor defects. confidence is growing with this software which is a credit to the developers involved. Read another chapter of my Zen book Slight smile. More things I am getting wrong, Zen is so difficult !

• went on bug hunt

Just like in "Aliens"?

• yes i an an ex-hunter ( kill and eat food ),  these skills then transferred over to several armies across europe. And now i use the same skills to hunt for bugs in software. 

The helicopter on mars has a bug in its software but they have a work around.

• to be honest i got into testing software by accident. I was unemployed at time and met some guys. i told them they were very suitable for a particular employment  scheme i had heard about. They had just got out of prison so had no confidence so I said I would apply for it if u do. There was a horrendous aptitude test

We all got in.

The scheme was 6 weeks training on becoming a software tester.  the mother company then sent me to Chicago for months for more training  and thats how i started in software testing.  

There are less and less manual testers now because most of the work is outsourced to India where the staff are 3 times cheaper.

But i have to talk to developers all the time and argue about defects/bugs etc  sometimes i have been the only person holding everything back. It can be stressful and very hard work at times when there is a big rush to get the code out ASAP !

• to be honest i got into testing software by accident. I was unemployed at time and met some guys. i told them they were very suitable for a particular employment  scheme i had heard about. They had just got out of prison so had no confidence so I said I would apply for it if u do. There was a horrendous aptitude test

We all got in.

The scheme was 6 weeks training on becoming a software tester.  the mother company then sent me to Chicago for months for more training  and thats how i started in software testing.  

There are less and less manual testers now because most of the work is outsourced to India where the staff are 3 times cheaper.

But i have to talk to developers all the time and argue about defects/bugs etc  sometimes i have been the only person holding everything back. It can be stressful and very hard work at times when there is a big rush to get the code out ASAP !

Children
No Data