Parent of autistic teen need advice

Hi my daughter has been struggling quite a bit since the onset of teen years we always had a very close bond but the last couple of years she has became very physically and verbally abusive to me I try so hard to support her but I am doing it alone as she refuses any outside help.she had been working so hard to het herself in a better frame of mind with her ocd and anxieties but this lockdown has caused so much distress and I'm really worried she is going to harm herself.im reluctant to 8involve anyone cos she has such severe social anxieties I dont know what to do.any advice wouod be appreciated thank you

• Your daughter sounds like she just might be stuck, most teenagers go through with it and autistics are prone to feeling extreme feelings or feeling 'none' at all. I say none loosely. I would arrange a telephone consultation with your doctor and arrange for some counselling, she might just have a lot going on in her head and saying it out loud helps. Especially knowing its confidential and its not going anywhere. 

When this happened to me I was verbally abusive and had a few fights with family members. I just found that spending time at home alone concentrating on that one thing I obsess about helped to calm me down. Definitely get a bit of help for her. Even if you want a bit of help for yourself too, its a stressful situation and your worried so talking to someone for yourself could also help to release some of the tentions. So you can go home with a new frame of mind and start afresh. 

• Hello sorry to hear about your daughter I would listen to aidie I’m new to all this wishing you and your daughter all the best this lockdown is just messing up everything especially people’s mental health.

• It might be a good idea to post this in the  Parents and Carers section.  Just cut and paste it into a new discussion here.

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/parents-and-carers

Heart

• Others can reply but if you dont get what you want please ring this helpline tomorrow

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/contact-us

Heart