The generation that time forgot

I feel that Generations X and Y have been deleted from the annals of history.

All the great music I remembered from the Nineties gets sod-all views on YouTube; the only exception being the Beastie Boys.

I guess that us Britpopers didn't procreate enough! Expressionless

Parents
  • There's no subcultures anymore. Everything is too homogeneous. I don't know what that's got to do with it but I wanted to say it!

I would say there's a difference between quality and quantity.  Just because something has got a lot of youtube views, doesn't mean it's any good!

• There's no subcultures anymore. Everything is too homogeneous. I don't know what that's got to do with it but I wanted to say it!

I would say there's a difference between quality and quantity.  Just because something has got a lot of youtube views, doesn't mean it's any good!

Children
  • I think subcultures are alive and well, it's just that so much has moved online that perhaps they aren't as easy to spot in real life as they used to. Pubs and clubs for specific subcultures have mostly died off as the owners try to reach mass market appeal, but they can be found if you know where to look.

• yeah, the music subcultures thing is interesting. I liked the fact that there'd be the punks, the ravers, the metalheads, the hip-hop crews. There'd be overlap between the two but one had one's own tribe -in a nice way.

on the hand, it's kind of lovely (as a muso) to go up to nearly everyone and be able to talk about some form of music we both like.

the subculture way of life and the homogenous sides each bring a few positives.

I think some of us do prefer the old way of having that music tribe we could rely on. there were definitely some good advantages with how it was before the internet did away with a lot of the subculture.