Singing career

Hi all, I'm Goose, nice to meet you!

I'm high functioning asd but suffer from anxiety badly and schizophrenia but I'm passionate about singing and would like to do this as a career but I have no idea how to do this or where to start. Time is of the essence as I'm losing those closest to me. I have a decent enough voice but after some years of looking I don't know where to even start. I believe in myself, I could do this but it's how to make it happen which I'm struggling with. I believe anybody can do anything if they try hard enough so I'm determined not to give up. This is for my family mostly, they have done so much for me and now that they are struggling I must do this so I can look after them instead.

I hope you guys can help me with this.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Goose

What style of singing do you like to do?    Are there a lot of people looking for that style?   

Some easy ways to get yourself out there is audition for local bands - that gives you experience of performing in front of others in a small scale venue.       Facebook normally will have local groups looking for singers.      Are you familiar with all the modern technology and singing techniques for recording?      Might be worth visiting local studios to see what goes on and how it all works - getting the most from your voice may not be as obvious as you think.

Writing lyrics makes you more marketable too - lots of groups are competent musicians but lack original songs to record.

You might also want to watch some youtubes about the recording industry to learn about the many ways you can be screwed over by unfair contracts - it's a very harsh business.

• Hi Goose

What style of singing do you like to do?    Are there a lot of people looking for that style?   

Some easy ways to get yourself out there is audition for local bands - that gives you experience of performing in front of others in a small scale venue.       Facebook normally will have local groups looking for singers.      Are you familiar with all the modern technology and singing techniques for recording?      Might be worth visiting local studios to see what goes on and how it all works - getting the most from your voice may not be as obvious as you think.

Writing lyrics makes you more marketable too - lots of groups are competent musicians but lack original songs to record.

You might also want to watch some youtubes about the recording industry to learn about the many ways you can be screwed over by unfair contracts - it's a very harsh business.

Children
No Data