Amazon Shopping delivery fail

Hello everyone, Hungry, In a bad mood, In pain with my disabilities, & don't know if there is anything that can be done about it..... We ordered our shopping through Amazon Prime Now today as we have been the past few months due to delivery slot problems with supermarkets, We got a time our shopping would be delivered as 10 pm-12 am 17/07/2020, We sat waiting & watching the tracking map...... No movement..... A chat tab popped up just after 9 pm saying they had collected our shopping with no substitutes for anything we ordered....... It got to 11:45 pm  with no movement on the tracker map, So I thought I'd give them a call...... They put me on hold while they called the local Morrisons...... All they could say was "sorry, it will be delivered by the morning"......

I can't take my pain medication without food or I'll bring it back up, Amazon has reserved all of our money for the shopping we haven't got so we can't call anywhere for food, & I'm getting very annoyed Amazon customer services claim there is nothing they can do to resolve our problem...

I don't think I'll continue paying for an Amazon Prime subscription after this, It's not the first time they've left us &/or our dogs without food we've paid for, & Sat all day waiting & watching the CCTV cameras...... I think I'll go on Amazon now & cancel my prime subscription, I no longer trust them to do as they say......

Any alternative shopping services anyone can suggest for the future?

Parents Reply Children