What do you like to do for fun??

Most people I know like watching television or listening to music, but those are no good for me. I’m more of a quiet person who sticks to herself. I am very sensitive to sounds and even on quiet I find listening to the television or a song makes my ears feel like they’re bleeding.

So instead I make my own fun and entertainment. Reading is one of them but I also keep busy by doing cooking as well. Where I live we have an old Rayburn oven and the cakes from it are mouth wateringly delicious! I spend a lot of time in the bake house, and also by the lake where I sit and watch the fish which surprisingly is something I do a lot now.

What do you do for fun?

• no idea why i wrote Christ. Pretty funny though considering who we're talking about! I agree with his Atheism but i don't like the fact that in his later years he became a cheerleader for the wars in Afghanistan and even more so the war in Iraq. Prior to 2001 he had a thirty year career in journalism where he was one of the best and most honest out there. So i''ll forgive him overall.

• Sadly I'm a very slow reader, I take in every sentense like a praline, but I read about three times slower than average, it's sometimes embarassing when I'm reading something the first time in an online meeting.

• I read Christ, and I thought, would he be a distant relative of the other mythological christ? and then I realised you abbreviated his name.

• I saw a youtube debate from him, where he argued that if kind actions you only did because you were afraid of the punishment of a god if you didn't, that would degrade us to a level of serfdom, it's hardly something you should hope for, to be a slave.

• I recently saw a cool youtube on survival bias...they had budget to put extra protection on planes in WW2. So they looked at where planes were usually shot a lot, and they put extra protection there, but this didn't help... then a clever guy said: you know, I think the places where lots of hits are taken are actually fine, I think we should put extra protection in places where surviving airplanes didn't get shot a lot, because probably that's just a coincidence, they wer lucky not to be shot there, and the ones that did get shot in these places probably didn't even make it home... and so they did and lots more planes came back...

Another one, a bit silly: the cargo cults in the pacific islands, new religions from islanders that build mock airstrips in the jungle in the hope that the ww2 airplanes with corned beef and chocolate would come back to supply them. They thought the American soldiers that came and abandoned them after the war were the spirits of ancestors bringing them stuff, and they wanted more of that...

• His book The Trial of Henry Kissinger is good.  There's 2 Christ Hitchens' really. Pre and post 9/11.

• We have a small garden, and we can put a hammock between a pole and our nuttree. And when you relax in there, it's like floating in a boat under a tree. Beats a boat in that you're not getting wet!

• My two special interests these days are:

- mechanical watches, somehow 5 years ago I got mesmerised by an expensive watch in a shop-window. I think the charm to me is in the selfcontained nature of the device, they're like miniature solar systems with all these gears and springs... I had no watch until 3 years ago. Now I have 3. If I make it to my legal pension, I'm going to buy a rather expensive watch with a moonphase and calendar function, no perpetual calendar (leapyear-function), that's still a bit exaggerated...

- atheism, I'm a big fan of Christopher Hitchens these days. His quintessentially British sarcasm... my favourite quote of all time comes from him: he said this about an american televangelist: if you would give him an enema, you could burry him in a matchbox... it's the kind of remark that you can deliver, and you still have time to run to your bicycle and already have good speed while the receiver goes: 'hey, did you imply that I'm full of excrement?'

• That's like me with reading! I skip the 'white noise' and take the parts I find interesting in. I wish that I could read even faster still

• I am someone who enjoys reading in studying religion in different religions and the different schools of thought within in the major religions of the world I also enjoy reading about Eastern and western philosophy with a focus on occult and esoteric and religious doctrines...!!

I also like reading and focusing my reading on the subjects of Buddhism in learning about the different schools of Buddhism but with a focus on mahayana Buddhism and it's history teachings and philosophy and practices and training methods...!!

I also like watching DVDs documentaries and films and anime and classic cartoons like looney tunes and Tom and Jerry and Disney classic cartoons and films...!!

I like spending time in libraries and visit different libraries and bookshops I also like going round art galleries and museums and I also enjoy travel two different places in countries around the world and racing there musical styles their cooking styles and their religious and cultural traditions and learning as much as I can from these people who have so much to offer with cultures that are so rich and amazing...!!

I enjoy meeting new gentle loving caring and passive people who are cultured and refined and trying to make new friends and lasting relationships whenever possible...!!

I also enjoy listening to music focusing on style such as classical music and opera I also like jazz and blues but I also like music from the 70s and 80s and I also enjoy listening to world music i.e. different styles of music from around the world...!!

and I also like studying new things and learning new skills in developing myself intellectually and spiritually and academically...!!

• I find being on a boat very relaxing. Rowing slowly. Not that I do a lot of it. But I dream of doing it lol

• That is so interesting! I'm not very technical sadly and don't see things very visually I don't think. I have trouble understanding things. It's great that you get enjoyment from all that though :) I also like museums, I love looking at things from long ago.

• It's so relaxing. Some days I sit out there and read as well.

I like watching the stars as well but not much of a crafter.

• I get great enjoyment from learning extra details about things that I'm nerdy about - sort of filling in missing bits of my nerd-jigsaw of the universe & everything.     This can happen in museums, watching tv, accidentally finding things on youtube etc.    I can literally feel the flush through my neurons as the old stuff gets refreshed & augmented.        I realise more and more that I am 100% visually driven - almost all data comes through my eyes.       Seeing how things work or fit together really makes my brain fire on all cylinders.  

My wife thinks it's odd that I watch youtube on 2x speed and still absorb it all - but I'm filtering all of the dead words from the story - I only hear the technical facts & figures.

• Watching the fish sounds lovely! In my spare time I read, craft, and watch the stars. I rarely watch tv too