New normal

Hello everyone.

I hope that everyone is doing OK, despite the current lockdown situation, and its impacts on the autistic (if any).

Some of you may have come across the phrase 'new normal' in the news. I'm not sure if this applies to me personally because each time I follow a specific routine, I review it, and then decide what to do next. This could involve making changes, stopping the routine, or leaving it unchanged. I would discuss things with my carers where possible.

I sometimes practise dealing with specific obstacles or changes before they occur. I don't cope well with change, but the more that I practise, the better prepared I am. It's like being at school, except that I am essentially 'self-teaching' myself.

I miss my transport hobby. Each time I use a bus or train service, I would prepare to deal with a fellow passenger's query by tracking other people's services as well as my own, using a relevant app on my phone. 

Despite needing autism-related support myself, I personally feel gutted not to physically provide help in certain places, or be prepared to. My carers would give me support, but I feel happier when giving them support, thus returning their favour. Making them a cup of tea or coffee would be a good start.

How do you feel about this so-called 'new normal' thing? Does this apply to you in any way? Any opinions would be appreciated.

• My main concern is that it will allow our country to have US-style policing - especially after the past few weeks.

With English passengers, on public transport, being obliged to wear a mask; it seems that this 'New Normal' is even beyond science fiction.

Looks like we need the Terminator.

• I am so nervous about this ‘ new normal ‘ I have had to avoid all the programs about it as I’m worried some of the info is speculation and may keep changing