Are these emotions normal

Hi All who come across this,

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

Any feedback would be great

have a great day everybody :-)

Parents
  • My grandaughter is in the process of being assesed by the local NHS unit, she is 14 years old, confirmed to be suffering with ADHD and on medication. The end of the xmas holidays and the attempted return to school has resulted in a week of hell which has affected everyboby, Hysterical and violent behaviour occuring each morning, pleas for help to the SS, have until the police and a local GP put pressure on the SS fallen on deaf ears. all everybody seems to say allow her to calm down, but in the process people are threatened with violence and she trashes her room. The family is at their wits end and can see no resolution to the matter. We can only hope that the unit in the Local Hospital can assist in explaining to the child what the proplem is and assist in getting action that will help the child and see to it she has a safe future. Where do we go from here?

• My grandaughter is in the process of being assesed by the local NHS unit, she is 14 years old, confirmed to be suffering with ADHD and on medication. The end of the xmas holidays and the attempted return to school has resulted in a week of hell which has affected everyboby, Hysterical and violent behaviour occuring each morning, pleas for help to the SS, have until the police and a local GP put pressure on the SS fallen on deaf ears. all everybody seems to say allow her to calm down, but in the process people are threatened with violence and she trashes her room. The family is at their wits end and can see no resolution to the matter. We can only hope that the unit in the Local Hospital can assist in explaining to the child what the proplem is and assist in getting action that will help the child and see to it she has a safe future. Where do we go from here?

Children
No Data