Are these emotions normal

Hi All who come across this,

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

Any feedback would be great

have a great day everybody :-)

Parents
  • Calamity29 said:

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

have a great day everybody Smile

hi calamity, i dont have any kids so cant answer from that perspective, but i can say that even with my partner i did feel a bit 'i could/should' have done more BEFORE i knew, but you have to just put that in perspective, HOW could you do that??

let me tell you , you have not failed her, at all, your probably one of the only people to love and accept her for who she actually is, and thats very important . even before you knew you accepted her.

truth is in our soceity is is a case of 'you're on your own, get on with it' but if you have been doing well, which you have, then a diagnosis cant change that

you have done it all this time, a diagnosis only explains WHY , it doesnt change a thing, sadly, if only it were that easy eh! 

thats not to say it doesnt help pr matter in any way, i feel it really does, but it doesnt change the past, or what you do with that diagnosis

you should be proud of yourself tooSmile

and have a great day yourself

• Calamity29 said:

have a great day everybody Smile

hi calamity, i dont have any kids so cant answer from that perspective, but i can say that even with my partner i did feel a bit 'i could/should' have done more BEFORE i knew, but you have to just put that in perspective, HOW could you do that??

let me tell you , you have not failed her, at all, your probably one of the only people to love and accept her for who she actually is, and thats very important . even before you knew you accepted her.

truth is in our soceity is is a case of 'you're on your own, get on with it' but if you have been doing well, which you have, then a diagnosis cant change that

you have done it all this time, a diagnosis only explains WHY , it doesnt change a thing, sadly, if only it were that easy eh! 

thats not to say it doesnt help pr matter in any way, i feel it really does, but it doesnt change the past, or what you do with that diagnosis

you should be proud of yourself tooSmile

and have a great day yourself

Children
No Data