Are these emotions normal

Hi All who come across this,

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

Any feedback would be great

have a great day everybody :-)

Parents
  • Sorry my daughter is nearly 6yrs old 7 next month, in some way I feel relieved to be able to understand her some more yet guess I'm still a little in shock as I never suspected asd as just always felt it was her hearing loss problems to be the cause of who she is.

thank you kindly for replying much appreciated, as a parent I feel truly blessed to have my daughter in my life :-).

sure I will get there once the shock goes.

• Sorry my daughter is nearly 6yrs old 7 next month, in some way I feel relieved to be able to understand her some more yet guess I'm still a little in shock as I never suspected asd as just always felt it was her hearing loss problems to be the cause of who she is.

thank you kindly for replying much appreciated, as a parent I feel truly blessed to have my daughter in my life :-).

sure I will get there once the shock goes.

Children
No Data