Finding a mental health therapist and looking into being sectioned as soon as I get back to Britain

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements/returning-to-the-uk-after-living-abroad-heading/#allowed

For a long time I have been wanting to come back to the UK because of being extremely unhappy where I am at the moment. I've spent far too long living in a toxic environment I haven't been able to escape from; to make my situation even worse for me I haven't been able to move out of this current apartment and into a special needs accommodation because of not being a US citizen and because of issues with my green card. My main reason for wanting to leave America and come back to Britain is to get help for my severe depression and other mental health issues; I haven't been able to get any of the needed professional and psychological help over in America that would otherwise be available in Britain. As someone with Aspergers who also has severe depression, it's not fair that I should be made to go through this. I just hope I don't end up having to be sectioned under the Mental Health Act in the near future: https://www.mind.org.uk/media/1821660/sectioning.pdf

• I wouldnt come back right now.  This place is far more toxic than where you are now.  Give it 6 months if you can.  Its unlikely you will find any help let alone get sectioned with the whole Covid thing.   NHS clinics have shut down, they are no longer seeing anyone.  Consultations are now done over the phone.

I am surprised you havent managed to get some anti-depressants out there.  They are available.  As I understand it you would need to find a therapist to prescribe them, but Prozac and other SSRI's are available.

I also suffer from quite sever depression, but not all the time.  I am also unable to take any anti-depressants due to allergies to them all.  It kind of leaves me up *** creek when I hit a bad time.  I work out a lot.  hitting the gym can get me through (along with a couple of diazepam tabs).  Counselling was pointless and CBT wasnt much better.

Also you dont have to get sectioned, you can go in voluntarily, or at least you could in the past.  its all a bit more in the community nowadays which doesnt work for some people, so i don't know.  I personally wouldnt want to get sectioned as most of the people you will meet in there will make you look comparatively sane.  its better to try and find a way through it yourself if you can.  maybe try the CBT route but expect a waiting list until Covid burns out.