Is it wrong to download illegaly?

Hi,

I just thought I would start this discussion to see what people think about illegal downloads....

I can honestly say I have never done it. Mainly for the fear of downloading a virus. From a moral perspective I am undecided.

I love music and love to collect CD's and records. If someone was never ever going to hear a beautiful peice of music in their life because they could not afford it would it be OK for them to download it illegaly? If they could never create something because they did not have some expensive software and therefore never fulfill there full potential would it be OK to illegall download the software? However where do you draw the line? Do you then just help yourself to someones possesions? Also what if the owner (software designer or artist) is really struggling to make a living? Should that influence your decision to download?

I am not a big fan of the consumer economy and culture but thats maybe another topic.

Cool

Parents
  • Jon said:
    Scorpion, are you involved in web/graphic design at all? Gimp looks interesting. Do you know of an OK freeware web design program? (not that I need to use one at the mo, or set myself the task of learning one). Smile

My 'trade', as it were, is Software Engineering, so, whilst I have dabbled in web-development a little, I'm not a web or graphic designer, and I'm not aware of a good (or even OK) freeware web design program.

• Jon said:
    Scorpion, are you involved in web/graphic design at all? Gimp looks interesting. Do you know of an OK freeware web design program? (not that I need to use one at the mo, or set myself the task of learning one). Smile

My 'trade', as it were, is Software Engineering, so, whilst I have dabbled in web-development a little, I'm not a web or graphic designer, and I'm not aware of a good (or even OK) freeware web design program.

Children
No Data