Worried about other Forum

I was thinking of joining a new forum  run by autistics apparently. I was really worried when I saw the admin of the site posting nasty comments about American people. 

Im American and autistic so it bothered me greatly that an admin of an autistic forum would say this. I do understand that America has started some really negative info about cures etc but does that mean that American folk are backwards? I’m autistic but now I realise I’m considered as backwards too. :(

Parents
  • I really hate generalisations like this. SOME parts of American culture do have a tendency to build confidence and congratulate people regardless of merit. Where people say something stupid they are less likely to be told and grow more expressive of stupid ideas. The UK for example has just as many stupid people, but they are less vocal and less likely to be given a public stage - creating illusion that we have less stupid people.

Things done in private, away from other's awareness, like voting for example shows this is purely illusion.

• I really hate generalisations like this. SOME parts of American culture do have a tendency to build confidence and congratulate people regardless of merit. Where people say something stupid they are less likely to be told and grow more expressive of stupid ideas. The UK for example has just as many stupid people, but they are less vocal and less likely to be given a public stage - creating illusion that we have less stupid people.

Things done in private, away from other's awareness, like voting for example shows this is purely illusion.

Children
No Data