Disability discrimination ?

Is this new story an example of disability discrimination or even breach of confidentiality?  By mentioning the person is autistic.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7975865/How-son-company-director-grew-commit-horrific-crime-Tate-gallery.html

Parents
  • Greetings. Another example of "spin" (Dictonary definition is: "a particular bias, interpretation, or point-of-view, intended to create a favourable or unfavourable impression when presented to the public.") ...Replace the term "Autism" with "Black" and the same negative-associations would occur...

...but can anyone here answer that MAIN question? To do with The LAW...??

an example of disability discrimination or even breach of confidentiality?  By mentioning the person is autistic.
  • In my second to last job the one that caused my nervous breakdown my manager would bring people to take notes of our conversation wich I found really intimidating by itself and he would say oh I told them your autistic and say but they don't have to be here if you don't want, and he did this with about five people I worked with and I didn't want anyone of them to know firstly I was autistic secondly that I was being put on a performance improvement plan and the intricacies of how I was failing I just felt so stupid explaining why I found it difficult to do something again and again in front of my colleagues until it felt like I was making excuses, looking back the whole experience really destroyed me as a person took away my self confidence, all because I wasn't the right fit and being asked do I think it's fair on my colleagues that I work here making things difficult for them. 

• being asked do I think it's fair on my colleagues that I work here making things difficult for them. 

This is such an awful fact of discrimination. I am so sorry you had to experience that. I completely relate to how discriminatory workplace grinds you down, destroys your confidence. It happen to me and it took several years to recover and rebuild my confidence and wellbeing. 

• being asked do I think it's fair on my colleagues that I work here making things difficult for them. 

This is such an awful fact of discrimination. I am so sorry you had to experience that. I completely relate to how discriminatory workplace grinds you down, destroys your confidence. It happen to me and it took several years to recover and rebuild my confidence and wellbeing. 

Children
  • It really does take years, 

When I started a new job after that horrible one, I felt so anxious when I found myself in the workplace even people noticed that I was anxious and I hide my feelings very well I think you would have to observe me closely to know I had any difficulties in anything, but that manager and that job really messed me up. 

It's only this job I'm in now that people have said how well I do things and how creative I am which makes me feel good. 

unfortunately this last couple of months have seemed to of entered a cycle that I thought I had escaped but I'm going to be positive and see if I can end it.