My only visitor this year.

I live a lonely life.

I spied on her from my window.

Parents Reply Children
  • I prefer non-human animals too. 

On the topic of squirrels... 

I have a squirrel that has learnt that I feed the Jays and has learnt which window I throw them out of. I get about four squirrels daily competing with the Jays for the nuts. Not gonna lie, my preference is for the Jays to get them. But the squirrels are cute, I can't deny that. One particular squirrel even eats monkey nuts (Peanuts still in the shell) from my hand now. It comes up to my window and puts its little hands on the glass and stares in at me... What I try to do is keep the squirrels to one side distracted by the monkey nuts and throw some out at the other side for the Jays. 

I also make a noise a a sort of call. Again this was for the Jays, but the squirrels have gotten to know the noise too. If a Jay is wihtin the locality and it hears the noise it comes and perches at the edges of the garden and waits for the nuts to be thrown out. I only throw out a few nuts at a time so i know it's all eaten up before it attracts rats thats why I do the noise thing. Now the squirrels turn up pretty much as soon as they hear me too.