2am. Just woke up again and can't sleep.

When I am sleeping it's just nightmares.  I've just woken up from one.

So I'll just blog about my days.

My days are busy,  but I can't find a paid job to pay the rent. 

I get referred from one advisor to another.  My mental health employment advisor has now referred me to scope, the scope advisor has recommended more training and courses to fill my skills gap.

In the last few weeks I've done week long courses on:

1. Introduction to customer care. 
  2. Customer care plus.
  3. Introduction to business administration. 
  4. Introduction to retail. 

One day courses on:

1. Managing personal finance.
  2. Health and safety. 
  3. Equality and diversity 
  4. Healthy living.

Now I'm taking the functional English course, trying to get up to an acceptable level 2 in English. The formal grammar and jargon is gobbledegook to me.

Tomorrow I also have an interview for more unpaid volunteering work, greeting people arriving in hospitals.

What a life. I wish I was born an eccentric millionaire. 

• Glad Tidings to Mr.Math-Photographer from Me...

I just panned down the History and saw this Thread. Hmmm, No replies? Meh. Not good. So, sorry if this is not a good one, but I know I can say something and You forgive My foibles as We have spoken before and it can become somewhat peculiar...

There is a good reason for My writing that seemingly silly sentance, just then. I think that, when confronted with these People, You need to try to remember to state that You have done many so-called "courses" BEFORE... and that they resulted in Your having to wind up right there stating that You "Have done many so-called 'courses' ALREADY." Keep pressing at them to check Your own History with Them, and that should (!) get Them to put a bit more effort into so-called "helping" You, Sir.

With regards to a "Skills Gap", if I recall You correctly, what they actually mean is a "RECENT EXPERIENCE" Gap, something like that. I know what this means, because I have *always* been said to have this: no matter how good/excellent One is at something, there is always the barrier of "recent experience". I know not what do do about it, since experience may be gained via some Certificate which upon the very next Day may be discounted. (!!!) This is very very bad, and unfair, but is what can happen...

Finally, the Main Thing I would say is to keep on INSISTING upon Your Own SKILLS. NOT what They say You have, but Your Own Skills. I know from here that You are *The* Mr. Mathematical - Photographer... and so keep at least those two skills in mind, and keep pressing anyone or advisors about YOUR Skills -- not what They think and want of You, but what You Yourself know You can do.

I cannot emphasise that enough... challenge them to find a role which fits what YOU can do... and if that fails, tell them that it was *their* fault. Try to keep it calm and polite, though - that is also important!

...You have Skills and Expertise... and it is supposed to be their Job to fit You to the correct Calling/Employment... stay calm and keep trying to Push For What You Know You Can Do.

End of Post (!)... Good Fortune, Sir.   Slight smile.   (& perhaps someone else can give another/better reply than this as I push it to the 'fore again.)