Dating Advice

I know that this is not a dating site. However, I would like some advice on how to obtain and develop romantic relationships.

I don't use social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.) or dating apps simply because I don't trust them.

I do want to "Get out there". Unfortunately, there are a few factors that prevent me from going after romantic relationships. Lack of experience, Fear of rejection, The not knowing whether or not the party you are interested in is already in a relationship etc.

I struggle to uphold conversations unless the subject is an interest of mine. I just prefer to sit and listen and occasionally interject.

I know that I am no oil painting, but I know that there is that someone out there that will be able to see the real me behind the shyness and blubber.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Is it just me, or do more and more people seem to be marrying young? I think that one of the reasons that I have started this thread, is because I think that I seem to be under some sort of peer pressure.

I know that there is no sense in rushing into marriage, and there is plenty of time for me to find that special someone. I just notice everyone else my age seems to be coupling up, and starting their own lives together, and I feel left behind.

• Is it just me, or do more and more people seem to be marrying young? I think that one of the reasons that I have started this thread, is because I think that I seem to be under some sort of peer pressure.

I know that there is no sense in rushing into marriage, and there is plenty of time for me to find that special someone. I just notice everyone else my age seems to be coupling up, and starting their own lives together, and I feel left behind.

Children
No Data