What are you passionate about?

It's very common for Autistic people to be very knowledgable in a particular field or about a very specific thing. So what I wanna know is what that is for people!

For me? It's Star Trek. I freaking love Star Trek. I live and breathe it. I went to a convention this year and it was awesome! I get so excited about it and just love watching it. Whenever I feel low? Watch Star Trek. Whenever I feel great? Watch Star Trek. Whenever I feel whenever? You can bet it's Star Trek time! I like playing a game where whenever I watch something else, I like to see if there's any actor who has ever been in Star Trek. You'd be surprised! I don't know too many people who also like it, so I just talk about it whenever and wherever. Sometimes I like to intentionally ramble on about it because I know it makes people roll their eyes. But sometimes people know how much I like it so they let me go on and on! I like those people!

I'm also pretty knowledgeable about films and TV in general. Even ones I haven't seen. I just seem to absorb trivial knowledge. 

So time for you to geek out about your passions! :D 

Parents
  • Most of my obsessions are music based or comedy based. I don't have any that I'm continually obsessed with, they come in waves and sometimes make lots of return appearances.

Elliott Smith is probably my longest running obsession. 

I'm currently into Post Malone. Compared to Elliott there is an insane amount of information out there - so many photos and videos - which makes it more intense I think, but also constantly new photos and videos. I like knowing everything about a subject and "completing" it in the sense of watching all videos etc. I particularly like Mr Post because he has a few autistic qualities: honesty, treats all people the same, has intense interests. It's been interesting trying to work out why he's so popular and I think good social communication is the factor I very much lack.

• Most of my obsessions are music based or comedy based. I don't have any that I'm continually obsessed with, they come in waves and sometimes make lots of return appearances.

Elliott Smith is probably my longest running obsession. 

I'm currently into Post Malone. Compared to Elliott there is an insane amount of information out there - so many photos and videos - which makes it more intense I think, but also constantly new photos and videos. I like knowing everything about a subject and "completing" it in the sense of watching all videos etc. I particularly like Mr Post because he has a few autistic qualities: honesty, treats all people the same, has intense interests. It's been interesting trying to work out why he's so popular and I think good social communication is the factor I very much lack.

Children