Thinking of doing a YouTube video about autism in girls

I’m 14 and really want to do a YouTube video on autism in girls as I don’t think many people understand it is very different to autism in boys. I wanna talk about the whole “you don’t look autistic” “you don’t act like my autistic son” and really get out there what it’s like as a teenage girl living with autism/Aspergers. I also want other teenage girls like me to know they’re not alone and aren’t weird! Please let me know what you think especially if you are a teen girl with Aspergers/autism it would really encourage me. Thank you

Parents
  • I'm not a teenage girl, but when I was I really would have appreciated something along the lines of what you describe. I think it's a brilliant idea and you should definitely do it as long as you're comfortable and able to stay safe online. There will always be some people who leave nasty comments, but as long as you realise that might happen and decide in advance not to take any notice, then I'm certain you'll be great. :-)

• Thank you so much! It really helps having a bit of support because it can be a scary thing to do putting yourself out there like that. :))

• You're welcome. And absolutely, I think you're awesome being so brave and sharing your experiences to help other girls. It's really commendable. :))

Reply Children