Shopping dreams

I have several repeating dreams.

One is about shopping, or shopping districts to be precise.

In it, I am either walking or travelling by bus. In the near distance there is this posh very affluent shopping area, full of posh shops with quality goods, plenty of good restaurants and tree lined streets, often it's dusk, the shops are lit up, the area is full of happy people full of life.  I am getting very very close to these shops but I never actually get there. Sometimes I'm just one street away.

In another dream I am in a city centre shopping,  full of interconnected covered arcades.  This time I'm actually inside the centre. From one central food court I count at least eight exits, all leading to another long shopping arcade.  This centre just seems to go on forever.

Another dream,  it's like a 1940s BW movie of new york, It's Saturday evening and it's raining lightly, there are tall buildings with shops everywhere and I keep crossing streets repeatedly. To go from one set of shops to another.

Eventually I wake up and realise that in reality I regularly go to my small local shopping area which only has a limited choice of shops, some take aways, a few supermarkets,  DIY etc.  Nothing exotic.

Is the interpretation of these dreams obvious?

Parents

• Is the interpretation of these dreams obvious?

Dreams consist of characteristic themes for the individual in terms of how they in particular relate with them. The basic problem for the dreamer is essentially being thematically lost in the structural and integral meaning of the dream, so exploring the relevance of how the dream or dreams are composed in part and sequence can help to identify the informative content of the dream as a whole. 

Thematically repeating dreams can represent unresolved or unmet needs, where the original need is not getting or has yet to be met ~ or it's fulfillment has been displaced and replaced by another methodology or means, that does not answer the original call directly.   

Shops are means for economically acquiring resources personally and or gaining material prestige socially in terms of being 'evidently' a provider and or an owner of things, so the shopping districts can relate to social segregation or cultural variation involving genetic, linguistic and economic factors and all that.

In it, I am either walking or travelling by bus.

Walking can mean more external associations involving environmental associations with one's actions, and traveling by bus or other vehicles ~ can mean more internal associations involving one's feelings and thoughts. Economical considerations in terms of energy and or money can be relevant too.

How you feel about traveling one way or another and or why you chose to travel on foot or by bus will of course be a factor for addressing the contextual theme of your dream in each particular case. It does though help not to be too fixed in one's interpretations regarding particular things in dreams, as they can tend to be rather confusing or unimportant until clarity reveals itself sometimes

In the near distance there is this posh very affluent shopping area, full of posh shops with quality goods, plenty of good restaurants and tree lined streets, often it's dusk, the shops are lit up, the area is full of happy people full of life.  I am getting very very close to these shops but I never actually get there. Sometimes I'm just one street away.

In terms of affluent shopping areas being either far off or else close by but not yet reachable or accessible ~ it would seem to suggest that you have the economical wealth to go shopping, or at least the desire to go window-shopping ~ but for some reason you are setting off late or it has gotten late in terms of walking and the end of the day coming about, and or that you have been choosing themes that involve the wrong bus and route perhaps?/.

Might the searching for a shop or shops to embody the wealth of your sense and sensibilities represent a displaced and replaced sense of the wealth you actually do possess ~ but have variable confidence in and as such doubt and do not manifest it as often as you otherwise can, and do?/.

In another dream I am in a city centre shopping,  full of interconnected covered arcades.  This time I'm actually inside the centre. From one central food court I count at least eight exits, all leading to another long shopping arcade.  This centre just seems to go on forever.

As mentioned with vehicles the same can apply regarding buildings in terms of representing one's internal feelings and thoughts, so the city center shopping arcade could represent how you feel and think about negotiating your actual personal wealth ~ with your social expenditures and other's provisions at a cost, and seemingly a relentless one.
    Could the exits from the food court involve additional costs that are restricting your economical negotiations (energetically and or financially) regarding your consumerism and or your diet, or are the cost of things preventing you from negotiating the wealth of your experience elsewhere perhaps?/.   

Another dream,  it's like a 1940s BW movie of new york, It's Saturday evening and it's raining lightly, there are tall buildings with shops everywhere and I keep crossing streets repeatedly. To go from one set of shops to another.

There seems to be an 'out~of~time' theme again here in terms of a cinematic historical setting of the 1940s involving the end of the working week and day, and this dream involves also again distances of travel with the height of tall buildings and the rain falling gently from on high as adding to this.
    There may be a theatrical element too ~ so perhaps social masking could be worth considering as a theme or sub-theme.
    With roads and streets in dreams representing direction and logistics and therefore purpose in life, negotiating your personal wealth in terms of continually crossing streets could possibly symbolize that you are planning or questioning things too much, or even possibly too little.
    The lack of color for instance might suggest that you were feeling depressed or particularly nonplussed at the time (or times when you as such dream), and you were unable to fully appreciate your aptitudes and the richness through which you have, or perhaps that you dream of simpler times or themes were black is black and white is white, with greys being graduations of difference rather than colours as being qualitative differences.
    Might it be even that a component of the thematic content of these dreams was derived from having gone shopping with your parents and not having gotten to go where you wanted to go, or elsewhere wanted to be?/.

Eventually I wake up and realise that in reality I regularly go to my small local shopping area which only has a limited choice of shops, some take aways, a few supermarkets,  DIY etc.  Nothing exotic.

Maybe something exotic is required ~ or at least something additional to break the norm just possibly?/.

• Is the interpretation of these dreams obvious?

Dreams consist of characteristic themes for the individual in terms of how they in particular relate with them. The basic problem for the dreamer is essentially being thematically lost in the structural and integral meaning of the dream, so exploring the relevance of how the dream or dreams are composed in part and sequence can help to identify the informative content of the dream as a whole. 

Thematically repeating dreams can represent unresolved or unmet needs, where the original need is not getting or has yet to be met ~ or it's fulfillment has been displaced and replaced by another methodology or means, that does not answer the original call directly.   

Shops are means for economically acquiring resources personally and or gaining material prestige socially in terms of being 'evidently' a provider and or an owner of things, so the shopping districts can relate to social segregation or cultural variation involving genetic, linguistic and economic factors and all that.

In it, I am either walking or travelling by bus.

Walking can mean more external associations involving environmental associations with one's actions, and traveling by bus or other vehicles ~ can mean more internal associations involving one's feelings and thoughts. Economical considerations in terms of energy and or money can be relevant too.

How you feel about traveling one way or another and or why you chose to travel on foot or by bus will of course be a factor for addressing the contextual theme of your dream in each particular case. It does though help not to be too fixed in one's interpretations regarding particular things in dreams, as they can tend to be rather confusing or unimportant until clarity reveals itself sometimes

In the near distance there is this posh very affluent shopping area, full of posh shops with quality goods, plenty of good restaurants and tree lined streets, often it's dusk, the shops are lit up, the area is full of happy people full of life.  I am getting very very close to these shops but I never actually get there. Sometimes I'm just one street away.

In terms of affluent shopping areas being either far off or else close by but not yet reachable or accessible ~ it would seem to suggest that you have the economical wealth to go shopping, or at least the desire to go window-shopping ~ but for some reason you are setting off late or it has gotten late in terms of walking and the end of the day coming about, and or that you have been choosing themes that involve the wrong bus and route perhaps?/.

Might the searching for a shop or shops to embody the wealth of your sense and sensibilities represent a displaced and replaced sense of the wealth you actually do possess ~ but have variable confidence in and as such doubt and do not manifest it as often as you otherwise can, and do?/.

As mentioned with vehicles the same can apply regarding buildings in terms of representing one's internal feelings and thoughts, so the city center shopping arcade could represent how you feel and think about negotiating your actual personal wealth ~ with your social expenditures and other's provisions at a cost, and seemingly a relentless one.
    Could the exits from the food court involve additional costs that are restricting your economical negotiations (energetically and or financially) regarding your consumerism and or your diet, or are the cost of things preventing you from negotiating the wealth of your experience elsewhere perhaps?/.   

There seems to be an 'out~of~time' theme again here in terms of a cinematic historical setting of the 1940s involving the end of the working week and day, and this dream involves also again distances of travel with the height of tall buildings and the rain falling gently from on high as adding to this.
    There may be a theatrical element too ~ so perhaps social masking could be worth considering as a theme or sub-theme.
    With roads and streets in dreams representing direction and logistics and therefore purpose in life, negotiating your personal wealth in terms of continually crossing streets could possibly symbolize that you are planning or questioning things too much, or even possibly too little.
    The lack of color for instance might suggest that you were feeling depressed or particularly nonplussed at the time (or times when you as such dream), and you were unable to fully appreciate your aptitudes and the richness through which you have, or perhaps that you dream of simpler times or themes were black is black and white is white, with greys being graduations of difference rather than colours as being qualitative differences.
    Might it be even that a component of the thematic content of these dreams was derived from having gone shopping with your parents and not having gotten to go where you wanted to go, or elsewhere wanted to be?/.

Maybe something exotic is required ~ or at least something additional to break the norm just possibly?/.

Children
No Data