Recommendations of Books with Autistic Characters

I'm looking for book recommendations of books that have autistic characters, reading level of young adult and up. Not ones where you could argue that the character is autistic, but where the character is definitely written to be autistic.

I finished reading the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and I really enjoyed it. I felt I could really identify with how the character thinks and acts at time. I also think it helped me learn a bit more about how others experience autism. I would love to read more like it.

Parents
  • Hi, I read 3 books by Helen Hoang (who is autistic herself) The Kiss Quotient, The Bride Test and The Heart Principle. They are all romance novels (does contain descriptions of sex) that feature a female or male autistic character. They are all really different and I loved them all. 

Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson is not defined as autistic but every trait the main character has seems to heavily imply. This is a fantasy adventure book with a female lead. Ghosts/spirits and religious themes (I'm an athiest so maybe not the best judge, but I don't think there was anything in it that was particularly sacreligious) Mild peril I would say. (Her other books are great too but the characters aren't autistic) 

• Hi, I read 3 books by Helen Hoang (who is autistic herself) The Kiss Quotient, The Bride Test and The Heart Principle. They are all romance novels (does contain descriptions of sex) that feature a female or male autistic character. They are all really different and I loved them all. 

Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson is not defined as autistic but every trait the main character has seems to heavily imply. This is a fantasy adventure book with a female lead. Ghosts/spirits and religious themes (I'm an athiest so maybe not the best judge, but I don't think there was anything in it that was particularly sacreligious) Mild peril I would say. (Her other books are great too but the characters aren't autistic) 

Children
No Data