ASD Superpower

Parents
  • I think it's interesting that she says, "given the right circumstances - being different is a superpower." In a way, I suppose she could just be saying that differences (in general) can be a superpower, rather than just referring to ASD. In terms of her reference to "the right circumstances", maybe she's acknowledging that people who are different will thrive in certain areas, even though they struggle in others. That's just my interpretation though :)

Whether we agree with Greta's statements or not, I do think it's really positive to see more media representation for women and girls with autism (although some of those journalists are clearly in the dark ages!).

• I think it's interesting that she says, "given the right circumstances - being different is a superpower." In a way, I suppose she could just be saying that differences (in general) can be a superpower, rather than just referring to ASD. In terms of her reference to "the right circumstances", maybe she's acknowledging that people who are different will thrive in certain areas, even though they struggle in others. That's just my interpretation though :)

Whether we agree with Greta's statements or not, I do think it's really positive to see more media representation for women and girls with autism (although some of those journalists are clearly in the dark ages!).

Children
  • Unfortunately, they are not remotely interested in promoting women - they are just using her to sell stuff to people - there will soon be an exclusive expose on what shade of (surprisingly expensive) eco-friendly lipstick she uses.

• Perhaps her Aspergers enables her to have the level of focus required to make her campaigning successful? Let her have her bit of glory, over coming an eating disorder is no mean feat. As long as her vulnerability is not taken advantage of and exploited.