Cake

I just ‘had’ to start a cake thread! I had loads of leftover Easter Eggs and finally found an excellent way to use (some of) them up! Enter the Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Easter Egg Fudge Cake Slight smile I made a chocolate fudge cake using Easter Eggs instead of Dark Chocolate and Honeycomb Hot Chocolate powder instead of Cocoa powder. The result is a delicious combination of Honeycomb, fudge and Chocolate Easter Egg! The smell is Devine too, my kitchen smells of Honeycomb and fudge!

So, what’s the best cake you’ve ever baked?

What’s the best cake you’ve bought from a bakery?

What is your favourite cake?

Actually any cake related answers are ok Slight smile

Parents
  • On the subject of cake. Here is my Christmas cake that I made last week, both before and after baking. Fruit wise, it has 800g luxury mixed fruit soaked in brandy, 200g glacé cherries, 200g chopped mixed peel and 100g flaked almonds Yum I just need to feed it brandy over the next few weeks and all will be well, well I’ll certainly sleep well Christmas night!

• On the subject of cake. Here is my Christmas cake that I made last week, both before and after baking. Fruit wise, it has 800g luxury mixed fruit soaked in brandy, 200g glacé cherries, 200g chopped mixed peel and 100g flaked almonds Yum I just need to feed it brandy over the next few weeks and all will be well, well I’ll certainly sleep well Christmas night!

Children
  • No flour? (sorry- it must have, yes???) And feeding the cake with brandy after it's cooked? A bod at work told me they worked on their xmas cake yesterday, so interesting. I'm at a loss this year what to do for xmas because it's my first without sugars and processed foods. But CAKE is definitely on the menu. (and booze be a good idea too)