Summer insect invasion!

I thought it was time for another lightish thread Slight smile This year has been pleasantly free of gnats (hate the things!) but the ants decided to cause me grief by chewing a hole in my patio door frame! Luckily the ants themselves appear to have disappeared now but it’s annoying as I now need to fill in the hole and clear up their mess! Why couldn’t they just use the door like everyone else? 

Has anyone else suffered at the hands of insects, this or any other summer? Comic/Serious/Other stories are all welcome Slight smile

Parents
  • I hate ants.

Back in 1983, when I was a student in Sheffield. Three of us moved into a newly refurbished flat in a large complex of flats known as the Hyde Park flats.  I think we were on the 10th floor. 

What i didn't know was that the whole complex had a long term ant infestation. 

One day we were reading and doing homework and drinking coffee.  and dipping ginger nut biscuits into our cups of coffee.  Then my colleague noticed that there ants all over the packet of biscuits and floating in the coffees.

• Thank you for humouring me and sharing your story :-)

Oh no! that must have been rather nauseating discovering ants in the coffee and on the biscuits! Did any get ingested? Had the ants invaded the food cupboard?

• The ants had got into the food cupboard through crumbling wall plaster.

Later we found ants in the bathroom and bedrooms.

When we moved in, the flat was spotless , new carpets, furniture,  kitchen.  Then!!!! 

• Ants everywhere!!! I wouldn’t like to find ants in my bedroom or bathroom! 

Reply Children
No Data