Weighted blanket ?

So been hearing about these weighted blankets. Can anyone give me some reviews ? Would they recommened them.

Both myself and my partner struggle with anxiety, he even gets anxiety attacks. And sleeping can be difficult. 

Parents
  • I have a weighted blanket and I absolutely love it! I also struggle with anxiety and I have regular meltdowns. I use the weighted blanket both before and after meltdowns; sometimes it prevents them altogether and sometimes it helps me calm down afterwards. I find it really relaxing. The one I have is made of glass fibre and for some reason, I don't find it makes me hotter (even in summer). 100% would recommend - give it a try :) 

• DuckBread I was looking at making one of these. I'm quite good on a sewing machine but is it tricky with the beads? Like, a bit if a faff? I'm looking at making one with natural fibres (a lot of the bought ones are synthetic and i sweat a lot at night....natural fibres help me breathe!). I was also considering glass beads over the plastic ones. 

Any advice from your perspective? Thanks. 

• DuckBread I was looking at making one of these. I'm quite good on a sewing machine but is it tricky with the beads? Like, a bit if a faff? I'm looking at making one with natural fibres (a lot of the bought ones are synthetic and i sweat a lot at night....natural fibres help me breathe!). I was also considering glass beads over the plastic ones. 

Any advice from your perspective? Thanks. 

Children
  • I wish I was talented enough to make one Slight smile That sounds like a good idea. Let us know how it goes Slight smile

• Thanks DuckBread.  I mis-read your post and thought you said you'd made one! Yes I think I'd go with glass if I were to make one. I could make some mini blankets then stitch them all together that might be easier.

• I'm not sure how tricky it is - the weighted blanket was bought for me as a gift, so I've never tried making one. I do find it's really heavy to lift, so I wonder whether it might be difficult on a sewing machine. Worth a try though! There might be some tips online? I'd be interested to know how you get on Slight smile

In terms of glass versus plastic beads, I think the glass does help with temperature control, so I'd recommend those.