Are you unique, what's unique about you?

Today at work, a new girl had started and when she asked me my name and replied she said my name was really unique. I think we're going to be good friends, for the first time ever I found it really easy talking to somebody, we instantly got on and she didn't feel weird around me like most people do. She found my Autism interesting and asked me a lot about it, and how she should act around me as to make things easier which was really nice Slight smile . She said she could use clay and turn it into pottery, which she said was a unique talent for her which she learnt from her grandad.

It got me to thinking about how unique people are, so I thought I would ask it here as well! So what is unique about you!?

Here's what's unique about me:

1. My name is Astridlora 'pronounced Astrid Laura'.
  2. I am very honest and I can't tell lies - think that's the Autism.
  3. I'm a great hugger - my mum always said I gave the best hugs.
  4. My hair is brown and long and goes behind my shoulders but has a white strip going down the back due to a health condition. Also my right eyebrow is white as well.

I love all my uniqueness, my colleague at work thought they were exciting as well. I can't wait to read about your uniqueness as well. I have to get back to work now. Have a lovely day! Bye Slight smile .

Parents
  • How nice to make a connection with someone, I wish you the best in this.

Your hair sounds awesome! I'm into my comic books and you would fit in well with the super hero's in those :)

Uniqueness:

- I can make almost dead plants come alive - gardening's my thing

- Honesty

- I'm polite and kind (very rare in this day and age but is also my downfall as I'm often a target for bad people)

- I have quite old fashioned standards (how to behave in public, manners, the way I speak)

- I see things differently to the NT's I get told all of the time in many situations 

• Thank you so much! Slight smile . I'm really pleased about this connection as well. When she came over and spoke to me, she was really kind and it didn't feel uncomfortable at all like she was forcing herself to speak. I'll see her again today at work so hopefully things will be the same as yesterday.

Ha ha thank you. It's like someone ran a paintbrush down the back of my hair Stuck out tongue .
    I love your uniqueness! Slight smile . I like to do gardening, but I'm not very good at it sadly. It sounds like you're a master gardener!

Ooh your old fashioned standards sounds interesting! I can imagine you're one of a few with that. Most people are saying lol and stuff like that now. It must be really interesting to see how you speak and act.

Astridlora. X

• Thank you so much! Slight smile . I'm really pleased about this connection as well. When she came over and spoke to me, she was really kind and it didn't feel uncomfortable at all like she was forcing herself to speak. I'll see her again today at work so hopefully things will be the same as yesterday.

Ha ha thank you. It's like someone ran a paintbrush down the back of my hair Stuck out tongue .
    I love your uniqueness! Slight smile . I like to do gardening, but I'm not very good at it sadly. It sounds like you're a master gardener!

Ooh your old fashioned standards sounds interesting! I can imagine you're one of a few with that. Most people are saying lol and stuff like that now. It must be really interesting to see how you speak and act.

Astridlora. X

Children
  • Wow that is so very interesting Slight smile . My grandmother used to collect lots of vintage things, like old clothing and old records. Her home was like a museum! I agree it is rare to see anything like that now, I think there's not a lot of respect for everyone anymore.

Thank you! It went well. I hope you had a lovely day as well Slight smile 

Astridlora. Xx

• I adore the 1940's, films, radio story's, clothing, memorabilia. I think that's why I have old fashioned values. For example please and thank you, holding doors, not going out in your pyjama's, treating people with respect, helping fellow neighbours. Very rare to see now a days.

All the best for today