Can somebody help me?

I have been struggling a lot recently with everyday life/life in general. I question if I am ever going to get better... A friend of mine recently told me she has traits of Austim. 

I read up on signs of autism and it sounds a lot like my day to day life and now I am questioning if I have it because I experience majority of these signs everyday. 

I'm unsure whether to talk to my Mum about it, because whenever I talk about mental health with her she brushes it off and I'm afraid she will do the same this time and not listen to me. Do I need to go and speak to somebody about how I am feeling to get a diagnosis? 

I am struggling with everything lately and I need help on what to do... Can anyone give me any advice?

Parents
  • Maybe it would be a good idea to talk to a GP if your mum keeps brushing off what you're saying. 

It can be a lot harder dealing with something when you're in the dark and don't know what's going on, supposing there is something like Autism which is related to what you're going through.

• That's what I was thinking... I'm just a bit nervous as it seems like an answer to me to why I am feeling/acting like this as I have been questioning myself for a long time. 

I would just like to clarify why I have been feeling like this, so I am definitely looking for answers. This feels all so new to me so I am very anxious talking about it to somebody if you know what I mean? 

• About 17 years ago when I was asked to see a psychologist after some things that happened in school I was bemused and when they referred me to a psychiatrist and the psychiatrist then said they thought I had Asperger's I thought it was a ridiculous joke. 

Is that kind of why you feel anxious about it? As it's something you never expected? I'm guessing you're only thinking about it now because your friend said they had traits that were Autistic, so it came out of the blue for you. 

• About 17 years ago when I was asked to see a psychologist after some things that happened in school I was bemused and when they referred me to a psychiatrist and the psychiatrist then said they thought I had Asperger's I thought it was a ridiculous joke. 

Is that kind of why you feel anxious about it? As it's something you never expected? I'm guessing you're only thinking about it now because your friend said they had traits that were Autistic, so it came out of the blue for you. 

Children
  • Yes that is exactly why I am anxious! This is something I never expected but it explains everything for me. My child behaviour and now adult behaviour. I heard of Autism before this but never really looked that much into it until now.