Terrified

Previously I had written about my insomnia,  waking up in the night and general inability to sleep.

Now, my nightmares are so bad that I'm terrified of falling back to sleep.

It's 1am and I'm exhausted from my previous  nightmare and I'm trying to  stay awake.

Do other people here suffer from severe nightmares? 

Parents
  • Glad Tidings, to Mr.Math-Photographer, from Myself... (FWIW?)

...For many reasons, some of which I shall not say, I keep thinking about this Thread. And I do Respect You, and so, well, take whatever You may from this Post of mine...

I do notice that Threads upon the Topic of DREAMS do not seem to last very long upon this Forum, Less than a Week or so. And not just because of now (summer). There is much I could "waffle" about the Subject, which would not really apply to anyone else here - but! - I write because I also have Bad Dreams and Nightmares, fairly every Night. (I have said before that I always dream about some Government Corporation who can influence My dreams!)

...Here, now, however, take from this Post whatever may help Your good Self, Sir.

I Myself used to watch violent (Rated over 18) Films and Television... but then I would dream about whatever happened... and so now I do not do that anymore.

I also used to suffer from "Dream Paralysis" (dreams simulating waking but stuck dreaming whilst unable to move)... but I wear a Blindfold and that largely put a stop to that.

I still have unpleasant Dreams. But blocking as many external inputs (stinks, noise, sounds, sight, memory) can alleviate this. Also doing "calming things" can help (meditation). It is not always possible to block stuff, but they can be lessened. The usual advice is using Window Blinds, Earplugs, Candles, Scents / Insence, Blankets of different sorts (heated, weighted, different textures, or blankets/beds of different compositions (feather, foam, steel, wood, spring, etc.). Also orientation and times for sleeping.

...Very complex, yes, but everyone is different and so see what works, and then stick with it, of course...

(...But first of all I say cut out watching gory violence before sleeping...!)

End of My Post. Good Fortune to You, Sir, & My Preferences towards Your Wellbeing.    

• Glad Tidings, to Mr.Math-Photographer, from Myself... (FWIW?)

...For many reasons, some of which I shall not say, I keep thinking about this Thread. And I do Respect You, and so, well, take whatever You may from this Post of mine...

I do notice that Threads upon the Topic of DREAMS do not seem to last very long upon this Forum, Less than a Week or so. And not just because of now (summer). There is much I could "waffle" about the Subject, which would not really apply to anyone else here - but! - I write because I also have Bad Dreams and Nightmares, fairly every Night. (I have said before that I always dream about some Government Corporation who can influence My dreams!)

...Here, now, however, take from this Post whatever may help Your good Self, Sir.

I Myself used to watch violent (Rated over 18) Films and Television... but then I would dream about whatever happened... and so now I do not do that anymore.

I also used to suffer from "Dream Paralysis" (dreams simulating waking but stuck dreaming whilst unable to move)... but I wear a Blindfold and that largely put a stop to that.

I still have unpleasant Dreams. But blocking as many external inputs (stinks, noise, sounds, sight, memory) can alleviate this. Also doing "calming things" can help (meditation). It is not always possible to block stuff, but they can be lessened. The usual advice is using Window Blinds, Earplugs, Candles, Scents / Insence, Blankets of different sorts (heated, weighted, different textures, or blankets/beds of different compositions (feather, foam, steel, wood, spring, etc.). Also orientation and times for sleeping.

...Very complex, yes, but everyone is different and so see what works, and then stick with it, of course...

(...But first of all I say cut out watching gory violence before sleeping...!)

End of My Post. Good Fortune to You, Sir, & My Preferences towards Your Wellbeing.    

Children
  • ...S'Me, adding to My reply...I am still thinking some after-thoughts about this... because I did forget to put down also --- the business of sleeping off the bed, or not in the Bedroom sometimes. Also, the putting on of (soothing) Music during sleep. These are other recommended techniques. (...Links, anyone?)
    ...About M'self, when I can, I sleep in another Room and then return to the "Bedroom" to finish off the recommended-minimum-eight-hours-sleep. Eight hours *good* sleep and I consider Myself Fortunate...
    ..."Confusing" Dreams are kind of better than Outright Bad Dreams, I am certain. Sleep is supposed to be about Recuperation - but I have trouble doing that due to having a lot of Allergies to fend off... (!)

:-/