Terrified

Previously I had written about my insomnia,  waking up in the night and general inability to sleep.

Now, my nightmares are so bad that I'm terrified of falling back to sleep.

It's 1am and I'm exhausted from my previous  nightmare and I'm trying to  stay awake.

Do other people here suffer from severe nightmares? 

Parents
  • What do you class as a nightmare?    I have ultra-vivid dreams where lots of strange stuff happens (I've been killed many times or horribly injured) but what is it specifically that you class as terrifying?

• A large cat was being eaten alive by about dozen large rats.  

And I was trying to get both this cat and the rats eating it into layers of black bin liners and into a wheeliebin. 

I was terrified that the rats would break loose and attack and start eating me.

I'm not sure if the half eaten cat was still alive.

• A large cat was being eaten alive by about dozen large rats.  

And I was trying to get both this cat and the rats eating it into layers of black bin liners and into a wheeliebin. 

I was terrified that the rats would break loose and attack and start eating me.

I'm not sure if the half eaten cat was still alive.

Children
  • I have lots of unpleasant dreams with horrible things happening but I don't really judge my dreams - I just go along for the ride and see where it goes.

This morning's dream was a benign 'do not understand' dream where I was on a bus but didn't recognise where I was - so I was logging all of the shops and scenery we passed trying to build a mental map to align with my knowledge of the area but nothing fitted so I was totally lost - so there was a gentle stress of being on the wrong bus etc.  The journey went on for ages.

Others are more untidy - like being a soldier and having to reach an objective but being shot and bleeding profusely  but still able to function enough to go on - and all my dreams are fully featured - smalls, tastes, feelings, vivid colours etc. - as real as life.