Is DSM-5 really more modern than ICD-10?

I had a discussion with my psychologist...

He mentioned that a lot of people in Britain, including in the medical and psychiatric profession, believe that DSM-5 is more modern and up to date than ICD-10 as they were published in 2013 and 1994 respectively. However, what they don't realise is that DSM-5 is underpinned by ICD-9 which was published way back in 1978. He stated that DSM-5 may not be more modern than ICD-10 but is actually more of a case of new clothes on an old corpse.

Following the adoption of ICD-10 by the US in 2015 raises some questions as to where DSM-5 should (officially) stand. He expects that the US will try to ignore ICD-10 for psychiatric and mental health conditions until DSM-6 is published based on ICD-10.

He also agrees with me that ICD-11 should replace both ICD-10 and DSM-5, in order to have a single manual of diagnostic codes internationally, but he says that it probably will not happen. The reason is that ICD is FREE to users whereas the American Psychiatric Association makes millions of dollars from the sales of DSM and the rights for people to quote and use it. They are very reluctant to lose this lucrative source of money.

What do you think of this?