Musings about Music

Is it an autistic thing to have a hugely varied taste in music, or do our tastes just diversify more as we get older? My own taste in music is very varied from heavy metal through 80's and 90's music to Trance music. For me it's not so much about the genre of the music but whether or not I like a particular song or the music to that song. Personally I like quite upbeat songs as opposed to the slower tracks, regardless of what type of music it is. What is other people's experience? What do you listen to? Do you tend to only listen to one category of music or do you prefer variety?

Parents
  • My box of tricks has a rich and varied music selection, really needs more added to it, it feels a bit static right now. Not sure about what could be the cheapest but most legit way to download more stuff. I don't really want to make put a monthly subscription. 

I have 60's stuff, a handful of 70's tracks, then a collection to echo my 90's goth craze, and I will never, fully outgrow that. Florence and her machine, at least Ceremonials, got added to the mix, more recently some Grimes, Anna May is alsó a New Talent I have discovered recently. 

I agree, there has to be a strong hook line or melody to keep things interesting. 

• My box of tricks has a rich and varied music selection, really needs more added to it, it feels a bit static right now. Not sure about what could be the cheapest but most legit way to download more stuff. I don't really want to make put a monthly subscription. 

I have 60's stuff, a handful of 70's tracks, then a collection to echo my 90's goth craze, and I will never, fully outgrow that. Florence and her machine, at least Ceremonials, got added to the mix, more recently some Grimes, Anna May is alsó a New Talent I have discovered recently. 

I agree, there has to be a strong hook line or melody to keep things interesting. 

Children
  • Someone else mentioned spotify and my husband uses it too. It seems to be a good way to download music. I don't use it myself though so I'm not sure if it's free or not.

Oh wow! I also had a goth/metal phase at some point in the late 90's, I still like metal although I wouldn't now listen to some of the heavier stuff that I used to like, Marilyn Manson; Cradle of Filth; Emperor; Rob Zombie, to name but a few. What's the music to your 90's goth craze? I used to like Florence and the Machine but my eldest overplayed that 'you got the love' track so much that I can't stand it now!