Electronic planner for 10yr old??

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a suitable mobile phone that has a really good planner/organiser and music, that might be suitable for my son. He is 10, AS and I think he might find it really useful. Don't want to spend big bucks, and the latest iPhone would be overkill...

Suggestions??

Thanks x

Parents
  • Bec84 said:

He is using an old Sony Ericsson for phoning and texting, and a separate iPod for music, and the lap top for a planner. Would just really love summit that would combine all three in one that he could have in his pocket. I really think it might really help him...

Assuming it doesn't need to connect up to any existing services, then any smart phone available on the market these days would do all those things.

Many 'not smart' phones would too.

However, you state that he uses an iPod for music - does he use iTunes?

If so, you should probably ideally look at an iPhone, because going with a non-Apple product will almost certainly mean he won't be able to access iTunes (and therefore probably not be able to access all his music).

Now, as someone else stated, the older models of iPhones can still be found, and are much cheaper than the latest model, but I'm personally not very knowledgable on Apple products so couldn't tell you if all the older models would have all the features you need.

• Bec84 said:

He is using an old Sony Ericsson for phoning and texting, and a separate iPod for music, and the lap top for a planner. Would just really love summit that would combine all three in one that he could have in his pocket. I really think it might really help him...

Assuming it doesn't need to connect up to any existing services, then any smart phone available on the market these days would do all those things.

Many 'not smart' phones would too.

However, you state that he uses an iPod for music - does he use iTunes?

If so, you should probably ideally look at an iPhone, because going with a non-Apple product will almost certainly mean he won't be able to access iTunes (and therefore probably not be able to access all his music).

Now, as someone else stated, the older models of iPhones can still be found, and are much cheaper than the latest model, but I'm personally not very knowledgable on Apple products so couldn't tell you if all the older models would have all the features you need.

Children
No Data