Opinions please - curious incident of the dog in the night time

Hi, I am interested in people's opinions of the book "A curious incident of a dog in the night time" which I have just finished reading. 

I found it very powerful but I wonder would many people with Aspergers?/ Autism relate to the character in this book?

I ask from the perspective of someone who is still trying to figure out if the Aspergers diagnosis fits for me. To me while he makes sense to me and I can relate to parts of it, it feels far more pronounced than I am. Wondered on the opinion of other people who are on the spectrum, have you read it? Can you relate? Any other points?

Parents
  • I read it a while ago, and I quite enjoyed it! I can relate to some parts but not everything. I quite like and can relate to the fact that he has some deep insights into how the world works and can describe the objectively; I can relate to some of his behavioural problems (e.g., meltdowns); I can relate to his difficulties in understanding the complex world; and I can relate to his obsessions and wanting to complete something (e.g., solving the mystery) once he has put his heart into it. I don't have as much struggles as he does, e.g., he needed to go to a special school; I don't need my food to be a particular colour; I don't often wet myself; and while I like maths, I cannot calculate big numbers in my head as easily as he can; and I don't have so much trouble catching a train (I liked the book a lot, but towards the end I was getting a bit frustrated that it took forever for him to get into a train). 

• I read it a while ago, and I quite enjoyed it! I can relate to some parts but not everything. I quite like and can relate to the fact that he has some deep insights into how the world works and can describe the objectively; I can relate to some of his behavioural problems (e.g., meltdowns); I can relate to his difficulties in understanding the complex world; and I can relate to his obsessions and wanting to complete something (e.g., solving the mystery) once he has put his heart into it. I don't have as much struggles as he does, e.g., he needed to go to a special school; I don't need my food to be a particular colour; I don't often wet myself; and while I like maths, I cannot calculate big numbers in my head as easily as he can; and I don't have so much trouble catching a train (I liked the book a lot, but towards the end I was getting a bit frustrated that it took forever for him to get into a train). 

Children
No Data