Special abilities

Until I was diagnosed last year, I thought of myself as an ordinary human being with difficulties that were summed up by my doctors and by mental health people as depression or paranoia.  It was suggested at one stage that I might be schizophrenic, but the mental health team refused to give a diagnosis.  Three years ago I asked my doctor to refer me for an autism assessment after I scored 49 on the test.  I finally got my diagnosis of autism in December last year.  Since then I have opened myself up to my family and to people who know me and have mostly been told that they are not surprised because everyone thought there was something different about me.  Most people have mentioned my ability for precognition, which is something that has come up a lot.  For example, on 10th September 2011 I went for a run and saw something, across the fields where I live, that I later reported to people in my family.  I saw, out on the horizon, something that looked like two very tall chimneys where I knew there was nothing standing.  I then looked up and saw an aeroplane flying towards those chimneys.  When it reached them, the image disappeared into clouds.  I told my wife about it when I got home that evening and she said it was probably nothing.  The next day, though, I saw my hallucination playing out on the TV screen.  There are other things I have seen, like plane crashes or earthquakes, and usually in dreams.  I have even dreamed about the earth being consumed by the sun when it becomes a supernova.  I don't know whether this is something that could be thought of as a special autistic ability.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has had such visions or portents.

• Maybe you're right, and I hope you are.  But the dreams are very vivid.  I know too that on 10th September 2011 I saw a plane flying into those buildings 12 hours before it actually happened, although I had no idea at the time about what I saw.

• I had a vision on 10th September in a dream. A news report stating "three small atom bombs". The pictures were of "tall" mushroom clouds with a long stalk. I rarely have nightmares but it woke me up and it took a while to get bsck to sleep. I forgot all about it till I saw the towers collapsing and the smoke clouding upwards. I felt sick. It's too much of a coincidence for me. I've had a few other premonitions but not as strong. Itdoesthrow up questions about how life and the universe works. There are some things you can't explain.

I don't know if it's an autistic trait altho I know it has been mentioned in a book readabout female AS.

I'm sure if you have dreams of the earth being engulfed this can be quite anxiety provoking, especially often when the feeling of dreams stays inside you. I'm pretty sure this won't happen in our lifetime.  It might be anxiety manifesting itself in your dreams.