Escape to the garden

Hi Folks,

It's a lovely day and I've been living too much "in my head" these past couple of days.  So i'm going to step back and head out into the garden for a bit. 

The herbs are recovering from winter, the bluebells are coming through and I still have a few late daffodils.  There's a clump of ferns I use for a kind of meditation (a bit like tratak but feeling for a flow between myself and nature) and, although they're only just starting to unfurl, I may well do that.

i also just noticed that last month's Gardeners' World mag is starting a new series about "growing yourself healthy" - i.e. using it to reduce stress, sleep better, increase happiness, maintain an active mind and promote a health gut.  That seems like a tall order but I do genuinely find that gardening takes me to another place in my mind where I can relax and focus on nurturing my immediate environment.  Which I think is a useful start.

Apart from my "horticultural therapy" i'm hoping the cat will join me and provide a bit of pet therapy too.  Pizza and wine therapy might come later.  :)  

Anyone else?

Parents Reply Children
No Data