South Yorkshire

Wondering if anyone from South Yorkshire uses this forum ? 

I am in Sheffield looking to make friends ! 

Parents
  • I'm not in the UK, but I know that Sheffield Hallam University runs degree & other courses on the subject matter of this forum. Now it would be wrong of me to mention any names connected with that, because the named individuals might end up being snowed under with requests. But I have had some contact with the course leader, and it strikes me he is making a concerted and friendly effort to connect with the public. Perhaps you could contact the university with an interest in those courses (which you might even attend to find friendship), but also make enquiries about local community endeavours. Sheffield has a long reputation on this subject matter. I would imagine that support groups exist in that area, for example.

This might be a place to start:

www.shu.ac.uk/.../autism-centre

And this site mentioned by the Autism Centre:

sheffieldautisticsociety.org.uk/

• I'm not in the UK, but I know that Sheffield Hallam University runs degree & other courses on the subject matter of this forum. Now it would be wrong of me to mention any names connected with that, because the named individuals might end up being snowed under with requests. But I have had some contact with the course leader, and it strikes me he is making a concerted and friendly effort to connect with the public. Perhaps you could contact the university with an interest in those courses (which you might even attend to find friendship), but also make enquiries about local community endeavours. Sheffield has a long reputation on this subject matter. I would imagine that support groups exist in that area, for example.

This might be a place to start:

www.shu.ac.uk/.../autism-centre

And this site mentioned by the Autism Centre:

sheffieldautisticsociety.org.uk/

Children