Light-hearted trivia but do you relate? Sneezing.....

Anyone else get mildly irritated when people say "Bless you!" after you sneeze?

For me, it's "Great! Not only was I interrupted by having to sneeze, now you've added the obligation to say 'Thank you' to my troubles!". Also, can we drop the ritualised superstition given that the year starts with a 20?

Parents
  • I love a good sneeze, its sort of like an orgasm for the nose! So yes having to say thankyou kind of takes some of the enjoyment out of it so I can think why you might get annoyed. Its not the rats that caused the plague either it was the fĺeas xarrying the bacteria. POOR Rats always get the blame for everything.

• Ah but the rats carried the fleas Slight smile To be fair, although the plague fleas are usually carried by rodents, more than 200 animals can and do catch plague and carry plague fleas including domestic cats and dogs, usually when a large number of rats have been killed by the plague and the infected fleas are looking for other sources of food

• Sorry I got really into a documentary series on the plague a couple of years ago. I should probably be quiet now Flushed

• Probably, I did get a bit interested in the Ebola outbreak but I guess the plague taps into my interest in medieval history of this country too

Reply Children
No Data